Cybersecurity for the Home and Office: The Lawyer's Guide to Take Charge of Your Own Information Security, is available from the American Bar Association website.
Some things could not be included in the book, so this website has some additional helpful information. This page outlines the book, and has links to acknowledgements, photos relating to Chapter 5 (how computers work), Chapter 6 (networking), cybersecurity and cybersafety additional resources, and forms helpful for home and small office cybersecurity organization including the Personal Device and Data Summary.
Are you looking for a Glossary of information security terms?
- SANS Institute Glossary of Security Terms, sans.org/security-resources/glossary-of-terms/
- From the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). Richard Kissel, Glossary of Key Information Security Terms, NISTIR 7298 Rev. 2, May 2013, http://nvlpubs.nist.gov/nistpubs/ir/2013/NIST.IR.7298r2.pdf
1. The Need for Cybersecurity (Introduction)
2. The Black Market for Your Data: The Cybercrime Economy
3. Advertising: Another Market for Your Data
4. Basic Information Security Principles
5. Basic Computer Principals
6. Basic Networking and the Internet
7. Start Securing Yourself
8. Secure Your Devices
9. Secure Your Data
10. Secure Your Network and Internet Use
11. Secure Your Family, Children, and Seniors
12. Secure Yourself When You Travel
13. Secure the Work Office
14. The Law, and the Role and Responsibilities of Lawyers
15. Troubleshooting and Responding to Your Own Incidents
1. Your Cybersecurity Posture and Awareness (Quiz)
2. Cybersecurity Threats and Risks You Face (Quiz)
3. Your Cybersecurity Dial
4. Cybersecurity Myths
5. How Computers Count and Why You Might Care
6. Smartphone and Tablet Decommissioning Checklist
7. Laptop and Desktop Decommissioning Checklist
8. View Data Flowing Across Your Network
9. Additional Resources and Bibliography
10. Home Device Inventory (form)
11. Personal Device and Data Summary (form)
12. Personal Data Summary (form)
13. Home Network and Internet Summary (form)
My original forms had to be edited to meet book publishing format and page size.
The forms on this site are convenient for printing and writing on.
I have also updated and created new forms since publication.