John Bandler spent over twenty years in law enforcement investigating, apprehending, and prosecuting individuals who commit crime. While a prosecutor under the legendary Robert M. Morgenthau, he brought a groundbreaking case involving the global cybercrime economy, the hacking and trafficking in stolen data, and the use of it to commit identity theft.
John wrote a book for the American Bar Association titled Cybersecurity for the Home and Office: The Lawyer's Guide to Take Charge of Your Own Information Security. Rather than intimidate or preach, this book empowers the reader to learn and make sound decisions to protect the individual, family, and office. Cybersecurity is for everyone, especially lawyers and other professionals. The book benefited greatly from an experienced team of readers from many backgrounds.
John's law enforcement and legal background and experiences provided for unique insights that greatly benefited this book. John has a legal and consulting practice, teaches and lectures on cybersecurity and cybercrime investigations, and holds a number of certifications in these and related fields, including:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH) (data breach planning and response)
- GIAC Certified Penetration Tester (GPEN) (network penetration testing)
- GIAC Critical Controls Certification (GCCC) (implementing an effective cybersecurity program in a prioritized, risk based manner)
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US)
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- CompTIA Cloud +
- CompTIA Network +
- CompTIA A+